REGISTRATION FOR MUTTON BUSTIN' WILL BE JULY 10TH THRU 14TH AND JULY 17TH THRU 21ST AT THE LEA COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS OFFICE FROM 8AM TO 5PM. CHILD MUST BE PRESENT DURING REGISTRATION. WEIGHT LIMIT IS 50 POUNDS OR LESS, NO EXCEPTIONS! ENTRY FEE: $10
The Mutton Bustin’ Slack will begin on Saturday, August 5, 2023 at 7:00pm.
All children must be checked in by 6:45pm! Top 40 will be announced shortly after the slack.
The top 40 will progress to the final round, which takes place August 9th-12th, 2023 at 6:30pm; 10 each night. Admission for the fair is $10 for Adults (ages 13+) and $5 for Children (ages 6-12). Children 5 and under are free.
Mutton Bustin’ Rules
This is one event that children are enthusiastic about. However, there are a few rules that must be followed in order to ensure each child’s safety.
1. Dress Code: Long sleeve shirt, jeans, and boots must be worn. Chaps are optional. Helmets will be provided if your child does not have one, and NO SPURS ALLOWED.
2. Contestants must ride in the forward position and may use one or both hands to hold on to the sheep.
3. Parents will not be allowed in the arena with the child. Only ONE adult may accompany the child behind the bucking chutes.
4. Please note: Parents/Family and Mutton Bustin’ contestants are required to buy General Admission tickets beginning at 5pm. Tickets will NOT be available for purchase at the North Arena Entrance.
5. No parking allowed inside arena fence area.